Trash & Recycling Services
- Trash/Recycling Collection Schedule
- Camarillo Household Hazardous Waste Program Drop-off events are held the second consecutive Friday and Saturday of every month. Click on the link above to schedule an appointment.
For special pickups, bulky/large items, missed pickups, commercial service, bin rentals, and residential service outside of City limits, please call E.J. Harrison & Sons at (805) 647-1414.
City of Camarillo Utility Billing/Customer Service
For billing questions, barrel exchange, and to start or cancel service, call (805) 388-5325.
- Glass Containers
- Aluminum & Metal Cans
- Clean Cardboard
- All Hard Plastics #1 thru #7
- Paper/Junk Mail
- Plastic Bags
- Greasy or Waxed Cardboard
- Film Plastic or Shrink Wrap
Click Here for More Information
- Scrap Lumber
- Small Branches
- Yard Trimmings
- Garden Hoses
- Trash/Flower Pots
- Yucca/Palm/Ice Plant
Click Here for More Information
All Remaining Trash
After Recycling & Yard Waste
- Hazardous Waste
- Televisions or Computer Monitors
- Oil or Paints
- Fluorescent Light Tubes and Bulbs
- Medical Needles and Sharps
CURBSIDE RECYCLING COLLECTION
Recyclable material can be placed in the blue container(s) in any order, there is no need to sort them by type. If residents randomly generate excess recyclable material that does not fit inside the recycle container(s), they are advised to flatten, stack, bundle cardboard boxes and place them adjacent to the recycle container(s) or place other excess recyclables in paper bags or closed cardboard boxes, curbside on collection day, adjacent to the recycle container. Please call E.J. Harrison and Sons at (805) 647-1414 to notify them that there will be extra recyclables to be picked up. To request an additional permanent recycle container, please call the City’s utilities division at (805) 388-5325.
CURBSIDE TRASH COLLECTION
All trash can be placed in the trash container(s). If residents randomly generate excess trash that does not fit in the trash container(s),they are advised to purchase extra trash service tag(s) at City Hall 601 Carmen Drive—$5 per tag. The extra trash must be put in a plastic trash bag with the service tag clearly attached to the bag. Trash bag(s) should be placed curbside on collection day, adjacent to the trash container. If residents require a permanent additional trash container, residents may call the City’s utilities division at (805) 388-5325 to request a change in service level.
Bins and large roll-off containers ranging in size from 3- to 40-cubic yards may be rented for those big clean-up projects. Call E.J. Harrison and Sons at (805) 647-1414 to arrange for bin rental. Harrison bills customers directly for these services.
To start residential trash service or to cancel service, please call the City's utilities division at (805) 388-5325.
For all of your household hazardous waste, electronic waste, and other recycling questions, please call the City's solid waste divsion at (805) 388-5392.
- AB 341 MCR News
- AB 341 Mandatory Commercial Recycling requires business establishments that generate four (4) cubic yards or more of commercial solid waste per week or is a multifamily residential dwelling of five (5) or more to make arrangements for recycling services.
- AB 341 Frequently Asked Questions
- AB 827 requires business establishments that generate (2) cubic yards or more of commercial solid waste to provide customers with access to organic, recycling, and trash containers for the purpose of properly discarding residual material purchased on the premises.
- AB 1826 requires business establishments (including public entities) that generate a certain amount of organic waste each week to arrange for recycling services for that waste. Effective January 1, 2020, business establishments (including public entities) that generate two (2) cubic yards or more of commercial solid waste per week or is a multifamily residential dwelling five (5) units of greater must arrange for organic recycling services.
- AB 1826 Frequently Asked Questions
- SB 1383 Organics Diversion Regulations creates organics diversion rules, requiring virtually all residential and commercial organizations to recycle organic waste. There is also a statewide target of diverting 20% of edible food currently disposed of in landfills to food recovery organizations for human consumption. On January 1, 2020, the law went into force.
- SB 1383 Frequently Asked Questions
- Beverage Container Recycling Facts
- Beverage Container Recycling Program Locator
- Construction and Demolition Debris program helps ensure that all projects comply with state and local laws. In accordance with the California Green Building Standards Code (CalGreen), all new residential, commercial, and mixed-use construction projects in Camarillo are required to divert a minimum of 65 percent of construction and demolition (C&D) waste from landfill disposal.
- Curbside Recycling Tips
- Gold Coast Recycling & Transfer Center
- Home Composting Nature’s Way of Recycling
- Home-Generated Syringes/Sharps Waste
- Newsletter: Trash Flash
- Odds-N-Ends Guide (for e-waste, household batteries, and miscellaneous recycling information)
- Plastic Grocery Bag Recycling Locations
- Refuse & Recycling Services Guide
- Smoke Detector Disposal
- Used Oil and Filter Recycling Centers
- Where Can I Recycle My...
- Why Compost At Home?
GREEN BUSINESS CERTIFICATION PROGRAM
Ventura County Green Business (VCGB) is a part of the California Green Business Network (CAGBN), whose mission is to assist businesses to operate sustainably as well as profitably. VCGB works with local government agencies to provide assistance to small-to-medium sized businesses who chose to go through the process of becoming Green Certified. To be certified, participants must be in compliance with all environmental regulations and meet program standards for saving water, conserving energy, preventing pollution, and minimizing waste. For more information, please visit https://vcenergy.org/services/businesses/ventura-county-green-business/.
The City of Camarillo currently offers the “Earth Machine” compost bin to residents of the incorporated City of Camarillo. These bins are high quality, cost effective and practical with an 80-gallon capacity, measuring 33" in diameter and 33" tall and weighing 16 lbs. The cost to City residents is $45.73, limit of one bin per household. More Information HERE.
CAMARILLO HOUSEHOLD HAZARDOUS WASTE PROGRAM
Drop-off events are held the second consecutive Friday and Saturday of every month. For an appointment please call: (805) 987-0717, or schedule ONLINE.
TIPS TO REDUCE WASTE:
Information on how you can reduce waste at Home, Business, or School including holiday waste, yard/garden waste, and help to set up and operate a successful waste reduction program in your business, office, or locality.
For information on how to reduce unwanted mail please visit:
Reduce Unwanted Mail.