Camarillo City Hall to Reopen June 29 (Post Date: 6/24/20)
Camarillo, California – The City of Camarillo will reopen City Hall to the public, beginning on Monday, June 29, 2020, and will be open Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m.
Camarillo is committed to protecting the health and safety of City employees while, at the same time, providing a safe place for the community to conduct City business. Online services have been consistently used while City Hall was physically closed to the public and use of these services is still strongly encouraged.
“We strongly encourage our community members to continue to use these virtual services because it helps our entire community to stay socially distanced, which is key in our fight to stop the spread of COVID-19,” said John Thomas, Interim Director of Administrative Services.
During recent weeks, the City has been busy making preparations for City Hall to reopen to the community. Lobby furniture has been rearranged to accommodate additional queuing space and socially distanced floor makers will be used to identify where the public will stand while waiting in line. Plexiglass shields have been installed on public counters to allow for interactions to take place in person with protective equipment in place. Hand sanitizer stations have been installed throughout the lobby, and the City has significantly increased cleaning and disinfecting efforts especially for high-touch surfaces and in high traffic areas. Face coverings or masks are required to be worn in City Hall. Room capacities have been set for all conference rooms and the Council Chambers, limiting the number of people in City Hall at any given time to ensure proper social distancing and safety protocols can be met.
What services are available online and by phone?
Business Tax & Customer Service: (https://camarillo.hdlgov.com/)
• Apply for a Business Tax certificate (business license)
• Renew existing Business Tax certificate account
• Make a payment using Master Card, Visa or E-Check
• Close an existing account
• Search the Businesses Database
• Request account information update
Building & Safety Permits and Inspections:
• For questions, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
• To schedule a building & safety inspection, please submit your request online or call the Inspection Request Line at (805) 388-5383.
Can I make an appointment to meet with City Hall staff?
• For information about planning permits, please visit the Community Development Department webpage. To make an appointment to submit an application, please call Community Development at (805) 388-5360 or email: email@example.com.
How can I make a payment to the City of Camarillo?
• Checks can be mailed or hand-delivered to the payment drop box in the front parking lot of City Hall. Check payments deposited in this box are collected every morning, Monday through Friday. No credit card or cash payments accepted in this box.
• Credit card payments (Visa and Mastercard only) may be made over the phone. Please call (805) 388-5325, and select option 1 for an automated payment system, available 24/7. Visa, Mastercard or E-Check payments may also be made on the City of Camarillo website 24/7.
•For cash payments, please call (805) 388-5325, and select option 2 to speak to a customer service representative, available Monday through Friday, from 8:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m.
For additional frequently asked questions, please visit www.cityofcamarillo.org/covid19 and see the City’s Frequently Asked Questions.