Camarillo Encourages Social Distancing Practices (Post Date: 3/14/20)
Camarillo, California – The City of Camarillo is doing its part to slow the spread of COVID-19 by implementing social distancing measures at Camarillo City Hall to keep City staff and the community healthy.
“These new social distancing measures are truly unprecedented, and we are taking the COVID-19 medical emergency very seriously,” said City Manager Dave Norman. “We are preparing in a calm and purposeful way for this emergency to ensure our City staff and the public are safe and healthy while at City Hall. We encourage all businesses in our community to implement these healthy practices in their workplaces.”
In our best efforts to do our part and slow the spread of COVID-19 in our community, we wanted to share about the social distancing measures we are implementing at Camarillo City Hall:
- We have implemented a no hand-shake policy. Instead of hand-shakes, we encourage waving.
- We have established distances at public counters, taping off a space to maintain a six-foot distance between our City staff and our customers.
- We are washing hands & using hand sanitizer.
- We are wiping down counters and surfaces and have stepped up our professional deep-cleaning and sanitization treatments at City Hall.
- Our customer service team may be using gloves, as needed, in their interactions with the community in handling money and documents.
We are asking the community to please help us all to stay healthy. We encourage our customers to do as much business as possible online or over the phone. If you’re not feeling well, but need to conduct City business, we ask you to stay home and please call Camarillo City Hall at (805) 388-5300. We will be happy to assist you over the phone.
This is a reminder that the following business can be conducted online (https://camarillo.hdlgov.com/), without physically coming into City Hall:
- Apply for a Business Tax certificate (business license)
- Renew existing Business Tax certificate account
- Make a payment using Master Card, Visa or E-CK
- Close an existing account
- Search the Businesses Database
- Request account information update
There is also a payment drop box off the front parking lot of City Hall if you are paying by check. Check payments deposited in this box are collected every morning, Monday through Friday each morning. Please do not deposit credit card or cash payments in this box.
“This is a fluid and dynamic situation and we are doing our best to keep the Camarillo community informed about the evolving COVID-19 health emergency,” said Community Relations Officer Michelle Glueckert D’Anna. “We are practicing social distancing and we encourage the community to do the same because we all need to do our part to ensure the health and safety of ourselves, our families, and our community.”
The City of Camarillo encourages the community to use these resources for the best up to date local information about this evolving COVID-19 situation:
VC Emergency: www.vcemergency.com
City of Camarillo Hot Topics Webpage: https://www.cityofcamarillo.org/news_detail_T17_R203.php
County of Ventura’s COVID-19 webpage: www.ventura.org/covid19
Coronavirus hotline: 805-465-6650