Public Safety Power Shutoffs (PSPS) Information
We understand the inconvenience of having your power turned off, and the frustration of not knowing when it will be restored. Power could be shut off for hours or days, depending on weather conditions. Southern California Edison (SCE) determines when power is turned off and when it is safe to turn power back on. If you have questions, please contact Southern California Edison (SCE): 1-800-655-4555 or 1-800-611-1911, or visit www.sce.com/psps.
During active PSPS events, view the affected circuits on the Ventura County Sheriff's Office of Emergency Services dashboard, found here: vcemergency.com
What can residents do to be prepared?
- Plan for any medical needs, like medications needing to be refrigerated or battery dependent assistive technology and medical devices. Register for Special Needs Registry, if needed.
- Build a Ready, Set, Go! emergency supply kit, including food, water, flashlights, a radio, fresh batteries, first aid supplies and cash.
- Register with Southern California Edison to receive alerts. Login with SCE.com User ID. Update your customer contact information at sce.com/pspsalerts.
- Sign up for Ventura County emergency alerts at VCAlert.org or register for cell phone notifications by texting “VCALERT” to 313131.
Additional Preparedness Resources
Important Information & Resources on Power Outages
Frequently Asked Questions
SCE Customer Resources & Support
For outage-specific Customer Service issues, call 800-611-1911.
For all other billing and service inquiries, call 800-684-8123.
Visit sce.com/PSPS to learn more about PSPS events in your area.
Update customer contact information at sce.com/pspsalerts.
Understanding Public Safety Power Shutoff (PSPS)
- Please click here for several Fact Sheets, including PSPS Decision-Making Factors, which may be helpful to you in understanding the process and resources available to you.
- PSPS Decision-Making Factors: https://www.sce.com/safety/wildfire/psps
- PSPS Approach to PSPS Planning: https://www.sce.com/sites/default/files/2020-06/SCE%E2%80%99s%202020%20PSPS%20Preparations.pdf
- Estaban Circuit Map: https://library.sce.com/content/dam/sce-doclib/public/sce-high-fire-area-emergency-documents/ventura-county/a-f/ESTABAN_Ventura.pdf
Understanding Flex Alerts!
Reducing energy use could avert rolling power outages during heat wave! For information on Flex Alerts, and to get more electricity conservation tips, visit the ISO’s Flex Alert website.
City Correspondence with SCE
Southern California Edison PSPS Letter With Responses to City Questions (October 21, 2019)