Construction & Demolition Debris Program

The Construction and Demolition Debris Program helps ensure that all projects comply with state and local laws. In accordance with the California Green Building Standards Code (CalGreen), all new residential, commercial, and mixed-use construction projects in Camarillo are required to divert a minimum of 65 percent of construction and demolition (C&D) waste from landfill disposal.

To ensure that all projects in the City are compliant, building permit applicants must submit a MATERIALS MANAGEMENT PLAN ESTIMATE (WMP) for approval before receiving a permit and a FINAL REPORT at the time of Final Inspection of their project. The WMP will describe how each applicant plans to manage the waste generated on their project. The FINAL REPORT will provide the documentation to show that the applicant carried out their plan as described and achieved the required diversion rate for the project.

The most efficient way to submit a MATERIALS MANAGEMENT PLAN ESTIMATE and a FINAL REPORT is by scanning and emailing the completed forms to You may also drop by the Building and Safety Division office at 601 Carmen Drive, Camarillo, CA 93010 between the hours of 8 a.m. and 5 p.m.

Click a link below to download forms and information:


Who Must Comply with CalGREEN Standards?

• All new construction of permitted structures
• All demolition of permitted structures
• Additions and alterations to residential buildings that increase the structure’s conditioned area, volume or size are also required to meet the 65% minimum diversion requirement

• All new construction of permitted structures
• All demolition of permitted structures
• Additions of permitted structures
• Alterations of permitted structures


2016 California Green Building Standards Code (CALGreen) Part 11 of Title 24, California Code of Regulations. The applicable sections for residential construction can be found in Section 4.408 and in Section 5.408 for most non-residential new construction. Sections 301.1.1 and 301.3 addresses additions and alterations diversion requirements. For more details, visit the CALGreen Web Page.

How Can I Comply?

Use City approved waste haulers. The waste hauler can assist by diverting at least 65 percent of the material and provide final reporting forms for the project.  Please inform the waste hauler that the project is under a WMP when requesting service.

Self-hauling of materials is permitted only when a licensed contractor uses their own employees and equipment as an incidental part of the total service. Prior to final inspection, contractor must submit the FINAL REPORT, along with weight tickets and letter of documentation from an approved waste hauler, to the Building & Safety Division.